YOURROOTSINPOLAND WEBSITE USAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND.PL – a website that enables to establish contact in order to run archival queries related to genealogical and tourist industry. YOURROOTSINPOLAND.PL is a part of ARCHIVESEARCH website, whose owners are: Kinga Borowiec, Karolina Szlęzak, Robert Twardowski and Aldona Tomecka. Hereinafter also referred to as the Website or the Service Provider.
- REGULATIONS – terms and conditions of the services provided.
- CLIENT – a natural person, a legal person or an organizational unit not being a legal person and able to acquire rights on its own behalf (such as partnerships, associations, foundations, etc.), who has read these Regulations and agrees to comply with them.
- SERVICES – a range of services selected and approved after consultation with the Client, for which a fee is charged according to the price list.
- To become acquainted with these Regulations and to accept them are necessary conditions to establish co-operation.
- These Regulations may be changed or revised.
- These Regulations come into force on publication on YOURROOTSINPOLAND website. Every Client who will be included in the YOURROOTSINPOLAND database will be previously informed of any changes via e-mail to the e-mail address provided.
- The Client agrees to become acquainted with these Regulations after each change.
- By accepting these Regulations the Clients agrees to receive commercial information from YOURROOTSINPOLAND website via e-mail to the e-mail address provided, in accordance with the Act of 18th July 2002 on Rendering Electronic Services.
- Each order is treated as an individual case.
- The scope of our activities includes:
a) searching for ancestors and roots,
b) searching for living relatives,
c) moderating meetings of relatives,
d) creating family trees, family databases, searching for particular information.
e) translating documents,
f) translating historical records, legal documents and correspondence.
- Services are provided throughout the Republic of Poland.
- The Final Product of Research process will be presented in the form chosen by the Client: a piece of information, a database in a program, in a graphic or a text form.
Orders can be placed as follows:
a) by sending a message through the contact form available on the Website,
b) by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address available on the Website,
c) by calling the telephone number available on the Website,
d) by a direct meeting with us in Cracow agglomeration.
Following conditions need to be met to fulfil an order: a preliminary analysis of the possibilities of dealing with the order on the basis of information obtained from the Client and expected date of completion the research, as well as the Client’s approval of the valuation of the particular case.
- Having presented the Client an individual research plan, opportunities, chances for success, as well as the costs, we await the Client’s approval.
- After accepting an order we maintain contacts with the Client, providing information on the results of each stage of the research.
- The deadline for each order is an individual matter, depending on the dispersion of archival resources and possibilities of accessing historical archives, churches, libraries and museums, as well as official documents. It can be significantly longer in case of waiting for the requested documents, or for reasons not attributable to the Service Provider.
- Service charges are listed on YOURROOTSINPOLAND website, on ‘Offer’ tab and constitute an integral part of these Regulations.
- The price list may change. The costs of each project are consulted with the Client on a current basis and are submitted for their acceptance.
- Prices presented on the price list are gross prices (including VAT).
- After an order has been accepted, the Client shall pay 50% for the service value (expected value, which may change, of which the Client will be informed) on account of fees, travels, costs of accessing archives, etc. The rest of the payment will be made after the order has been completed by the Provider.
- Acceptable forms of payment: bank transfer, PAY-PAL.
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND has the right to suspend providing particular services until the payment has been made, which cannot be a basis for filing a complaint.
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND website guarantees to make every effort to ensure that the co-operation between the Client and the Provider runs properly and for mutual benefit.
- A complaint will be acknowledged if it is made within one calendar month from the date of dispatching the Final Product of Research to the Client:
a) when sending by post – the request date is as postmarked,
b) when delivering by a courier company – the request date is the date of accepting an order by this company,
c) when sending by email – the request date is a date of receiving an email.
d) when delivering the Final Product of Research on a direct meeting – the request date is a meeting date confirmed in writing.
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND website will respond to customer complaints within 14 working days from the date of reporting the problem or data discrepancy. When the verification of discrepancies requires a re-review of archival resources, the due date may be extended.
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND cannot be held liable for delays in fulfilling the order that result from acts of persons or institutions for which the Provider is not responsible (state administration, archives, etc.).
- Either Party has the right to terminate the agreement with three days’ notice. To come into effect, this should be confirmed by means of e-mail or in writing.
- In case of agreement termination YOURROOTSINPOLAND is obliged to return to the Client the documentation and information provided to deal with an order.
- The agreement will terminate automatically after each stage of fulfilling an order is completed and if there is no willingness to continue the order, which means no approval of further actions to be taken.
- In case of agreement termination any payments made are not refunded.
- By establishing co-operation with the Website the Client agrees to the processing of their personal data, which will be used only for the purposes of services provided by YOURROOTSINPOLAND.
- Personal data will not be disclosed to any unauthorized person except for the relevant state agencies specified in the regulations of Polish law.
- The Client has the right to remove their data from the Website database.
It is forbidden to use any materials published on the website YOURROOTSINPOLAND (including photographs and descriptions of services provided) without a written consent of the Website.
- All correspondence, statements and information shall be sent via e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the Client. Only the Final Product of Research can be sent by post, delivered by a courier company or during a face to face meeting.
- Any observations, comments or questions should be directed to us through the contact form, e-mail or telephone number available on the Website.