on 25 May 2018, new legal provisions regarding the protection of personal data (GDPR) come into force. Below, we send you the most important information on this topic.
RODO (Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data) is an EU regulation containing provisions on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and provisions on the free flow of personal data.
RODO applies since May 25, 2018. RODO regulates the handling of personal data throughout Europe. It includes, among others a protection of your information. The purpose of these provisions is not, however, to block the flow of personal data. On the contrary – this data is needed, so we can sign a contract with you or send you our offer. Thanks to the RODO, however, you have more control over who and how your personal data is processed.
What is personal data?
This is all information that allows you to identify a person and a person running a business – (name, surname, identification number, identity card number, location data, image, financial data, non-financial data).
In connection with the above, we send you information about personal data processed by us, as well as your rights, which are attributable to you.
Information on the processing of personal data in Your Roots in Poland
- Please be advised that the administrator of your personal data is Your Roots in Poland Kinga Borowiec, Karolina Szlęzak s.c., based in Krakow, ul. Piwna 24/55, postal code 30-527, NIP 6793135978, REGON 365735569.
- We receive your personal data from the following sources:
– contact forms that you have sent via our website,
– email communication with owners and employees of Your Roots in Poland,
– you have personally delivered the meeting with the owners and employees of Your Roots in Poland,
– current business contacts,
– business meetings.
- The created database of clients and business partners may contain data which, under the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union, on the free flow of data, are personal data.
- The processing of your data by Your Roots in Poland now and in the future results from a legitimate interest:
– on the day-to-day operations of selling products and services,
– current communication regarding the implementation of the service,
– handling purchase / sale transactions,
– conducting promotional activities,
– filing complaints,
– other necessary activities such as accounting and tax settlements.
- Your Roots in Poland processes personal data of the Client pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. b Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 94/46 / We (hereinafter “RODO”) – ie the processing of personal data of the Customer is necessary for the performance of the contract to which the Customer is a party – respectively, the contract for the provision of electronic services and / or a contract of sale.
- Please be advised that your data may be profiled for sales, design, offer and marketing purposes.
- The processing of data for marketing purposes requires the consent to the processing of data. The statement of consent is below and its expression is not required, but it is necessary to perform such activities as: a) sending Christmas cards, b) informing about Christmas Eve meetings organized by the Administrator, meetings and other occasional events, c) informing about changes, publishing positions, publications, d) information about trainings, various types of cultural and sports events, social events, self-government, in the evenings and publishing, breakfasts, lunches or business dinners, etc., e) suggesting participation in various types groups and clubs. At the same time, we would like to inform you that we are not misusing marketing communication with you in any way. The information provided by us is quite sporadic and focuses mainly on customary events.
- Providing personal data by the Customer is a condition for the conclusion of the contract (and activities seeking to conclude the contract) with Your Roots in Poland. Providing your personal data by the customer is voluntary, but necessary in order to conclude and implement the sales contract. Providing your personal data by the client is also voluntary if you allow Your Roots in Poland to submit marketing content.
- The administrator will process data provided on the basis of art. 6 par. 1 lit. b) and f) RODO until the expiration of claims related to the performance of contractual obligations, and in the case of data provided pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. a) RODO to withdraw consent to their processing and depends on the purpose for which they were collected and are processed, legal provisions and rules adopted by the Administrator, in accordance with these provisions.
- Your Roots in Poland will transfer your personal data only if it is required by law, and also when required by the service ordered, including in particular secretarial services, accounting services, IT services, postal and courier services and all other employees and co-operators of the Administrator, however, the transfer of such data will take place in a manner ensuring an adequate level of protection of your personal data.
- Due to the fact that the communication between the Administrator and the person whose personal data relates may take place in electronic form, including through e-mail systems, social networks, instant messengers, all mobile and computer applications, including applications for making voice or video calls via the Internet, etc., and the Administrator has no knowledge of the servers’ servers, as a consequence the Administrator hereby informs that it intends to transfer these personal data to a third country in a situation where the server of these suppliers is located outside the territory of the European Union. The administrator also informs that such a transfer in the above cases is necessary for the proper performance of the contract. In connection with the above, by entering into an agreement with the Administrator or consenting to the processing of data pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. a) RODO, in case of any doubts it is assumed that the person whose data relates has publicized its data in the field of electronic communication with the Administrator.
- You have the following rights related to the processing of personal data:
– obtaining information about the processing of personal data,
– access to information about personal data processed by Your Roots in Poland,
– obtaining information on where the member’s data came from Your Roots in Poland,
– the right to rectify data (correct data),
– the right to remove or limit data processing in the event that Your Roots in Poland no longer has grounds for data processing,
– the right to access data,
– the right to transfer data,
– the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body dealing with the protection of personal data.
You can use the above rights by sending a written request to:
– to the email address email@example.com
– by traditional mail (by registered mail, with acknowledgment of receipt to the address of Your Roots in Poland)
- The supervisory institution for personal data in Poland is currently the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body, and in the case of data processing on the basis of consent – the right to withdraw it.
YOURROOTSINPOLAND WEBSITE USAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND.PL – a website that enables to establish contact in order to run archival queries related to genealogical and tourist industry. YOURROOTSINPOLAND.PL is a part of ARCHIVESEARCH website, whose owners are: Kinga Borowiec, Karolina Szlęzak, Robert Twardowski and Aldona Tomecka. Hereinafter also referred to as the Website or the Service Provider.
- REGULATIONS – terms and conditions of the services provided.
- CLIENT – a natural person, a legal person or an organizational unit not being a legal person and able to acquire rights on its own behalf (such as partnerships, associations, foundations, etc.), who has read these Regulations and agrees to comply with them.
- SERVICES – a range of services selected and approved after consultation with the Client, for which a fee is charged according to the price list.
- To become acquainted with these Regulations and to accept them are necessary conditions to establish co-operation.
- These Regulations may be changed or revised.
- These Regulations come into force on publication on YOURROOTSINPOLAND website. Every Client who will be included in the YOURROOTSINPOLAND database will be previously informed of any changes via e-mail to the e-mail address provided.
- The Client agrees to become acquainted with these Regulations after each change.
- By accepting these Regulations the Clients agrees to receive commercial information from YOURROOTSINPOLAND website via e-mail to the e-mail address provided, in accordance with the Act of 18th July 2002 on Rendering Electronic Services.
- Each order is treated as an individual case.
- The scope of our activities includes:
a) searching for ancestors and roots,
b) searching for living relatives,
c) moderating meetings of relatives,
d) creating family trees, family databases, searching for particular information.
e) translating documents,
f) translating historical records, legal documents and correspondence.
- Services are provided throughout the Republic of Poland.
- The Final Product of Research process will be presented in the form chosen by the Client: a piece of information, a database in a program, in a graphic or a text form.
Orders can be placed as follows:
a) by sending a message through the contact form available on the Website,
b) by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address available on the Website,
c) by calling the telephone number available on the Website,
d) by a direct meeting with us in Cracow agglomeration.
Following conditions need to be met to fulfil an order: a preliminary analysis of the possibilities of dealing with the order on the basis of information obtained from the Client and expected date of completion the research, as well as the Client’s approval of the valuation of the particular case.
- Having presented the Client an individual research plan, opportunities, chances for success, as well as the costs, we await the Client’s approval.
- After accepting an order we maintain contacts with the Client, providing information on the results of each stage of the research.
- The deadline for each order is an individual matter, depending on the dispersion of archival resources and possibilities of accessing historical archives, churches, libraries and museums, as well as official documents. It can be significantly longer in case of waiting for the requested documents, or for reasons not attributable to the Service Provider.
- Service charges are listed on YOURROOTSINPOLAND website, on ‘Offer’ tab and constitute an integral part of these Regulations.
- The price list may change. The costs of each project are consulted with the Client on a current basis and are submitted for their acceptance.
- Prices presented on the price list are gross prices (including VAT).
- After an order has been accepted, the Client shall pay 50% for the service value (expected value, which may change, of which the Client will be informed) on account of fees, travels, costs of accessing archives, etc. The rest of the payment will be made after the order has been completed by the Provider.
- Acceptable forms of payment: bank transfer, PAY-PAL.
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND has the right to suspend providing particular services until the payment has been made, which cannot be a basis for filing a complaint.
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND website guarantees to make every effort to ensure that the co-operation between the Client and the Provider runs properly and for mutual benefit.
- A complaint will be acknowledged if it is made within one calendar month from the date of dispatching the Final Product of Research to the Client:
a) when sending by post – the request date is as postmarked,
b) when delivering by a courier company – the request date is the date of accepting an order by this company,
c) when sending by email – the request date is a date of receiving an email.
d) when delivering the Final Product of Research on a direct meeting – the request date is a meeting date confirmed in writing.
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND website will respond to customer complaints within 14 working days from the date of reporting the problem or data discrepancy. When the verification of discrepancies requires a re-review of archival resources, the due date may be extended.
- YOURROOTSINPOLAND cannot be held liable for delays in fulfilling the order that result from acts of persons or institutions for which the Provider is not responsible (state administration, archives, etc.).
- Either Party has the right to terminate the agreement with three days’ notice. To come into effect, this should be confirmed by means of e-mail or in writing.
- In case of agreement termination YOURROOTSINPOLAND is obliged to return to the Client the documentation and information provided to deal with an order.
- The agreement will terminate automatically after each stage of fulfilling an order is completed and if there is no willingness to continue the order, which means no approval of further actions to be taken.
- In case of agreement termination any payments made are not refunded.
- By establishing co-operation with the Website the Client agrees to the processing of their personal data, which will be used only for the purposes of services provided by YOURROOTSINPOLAND.
- Personal data will not be disclosed to any unauthorized person except for the relevant state agencies specified in the regulations of Polish law.
- The Client has the right to remove their data from the Website database.
It is forbidden to use any materials published on the website YOURROOTSINPOLAND (including photographs and descriptions of services provided) without a written consent of the Website.
- All correspondence, statements and information shall be sent via e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the Client. Only the Final Product of Research can be sent by post, delivered by a courier company or during a face to face meeting.
- Any observations, comments or questions should be directed to us through the contact form, e-mail or telephone number available on the Website.